LEO A DALY to celebrate Earth Day with worldwide volunteerism effort
April 22, 2015
625 employees and their families across 31 offices will spend April 25 beautifying local communitiesInternational planning, architecture, engineering, interior design, and program management firm LEO A DALY announced today that it will celebrate Earth Day 2015 with a worldwide day of volunteerism on April 25. An estimated 625 employees and family members in 31 offices will spend the Saturday after Earth Day in a variety of community-focused cleanup activities.
The Earth Day event, which will mobilize volunteers in the USA and China, is being coordinated by The Futures Council, a group of LEO A DALY company leaders who take on special initiatives to push forward the firm’s vision of “enhancing the quality of the human experience, and the environment.”
“This is LEO A DALY’s 100th year as a company, and the 80th anniversary of our subsidiary LAN. What better way to reinforce our commitment to the next 100 years than to go all-out in volunteering to make our communities, and our world, more livable, beautiful, and green?” said LEO A DALY president Dennis Petersen.
All volunteers will be wearing a t-shirt designed in-house as part of a company-wide design contest. The winning t-shirt, by West Palm Beach employee Tung Chui, depicts several of the firm’s iconic buildings emerging from a green globe.
Some volunteer activities include:
- Houston office: Cleanup along White Oak Bayou bike and walking trail, Houston, TX
- Atlanta office: Piedmont Park cleanup in Atlanta, GA
- Macau office: Trash collection at the Hac Sa Beach in Macau, China
- Denver office: Construction of a community garden in an underserved community in Denver, CO.
- Las Vegas office: Setting up for GREENFest in Summerlin, NV
- Los Angeles office: Cleanup of the LA River by the Marine Reserve in Long Beach, CA
- Omaha office: Various projects at Fontenelle Forest, Gifford Farm, and Lauritzen Gardens in Omaha, NE
- Minneapolis office: Cleanup of Kenny Park in Minneapolis, MN
- Washington, DC office: Improvements to a neighborhood recreation facility in Alexandria, VA
- West Palm Beach office: Cleanup of Ocean Inlet Park in Boynton Beach, FL.
- Miami office: Participation in Baynanza, a celebration and cleanup of Biscayne Bay in Miami, FL
- Dallas office: Trash cleanup around White Rock Lake in Dallas, TX
- Sacramento office: American River cleanup in Sacramento, CA
- Austin office: Purgatory Creek Greenspace cleanup in San Marcos, TX
- Corpus Cristi office: Texas GLO's Adopt-a-Beach cleanup in Corpus Cristi, TX