Preserving the Past for Future Advancements
Brace Laboratory, completed in 1906, is one of the first buildings at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. The University engaged LEO A DALY to study the renovation feasibility and program possibilities.
The resulting project restored the original tiered auditorium, introduced biology laboratories, and facilitated the University’s exploration of collaborative classrooms. The renovation project also restored some of the historic details of the original design throughout the interior.
Some of the renovations included three life sciences laboratories, two general purpose classrooms, staff offices, an auditorium, technology and mechanical upgrades, and restoring many of the historic characteristics of the building.
At a glance39,200 SF
Technology and mechanical upgrades